Sunday, December 27, 2009

Hanging In There...

I have been pretty sick with starting up on everything again, which was no fun over Christmas, but I didn't want to wait any longer to get back on my meds since I had been off them for awhile. I started back on 100mg of doxycyclene twice daily along with all my other supplements. After five days I will add in another 50mg doxy to the mix. Five days after that I will add Biaxin, then over the next 10 days two other antibiotics. Slowly building the dose/adding drugs helps to lessen the shock of it, and I'm glad my doctor likes to be cautious.

My joint pain has come back with a vengeance, making it hard to do simple tasks. I have also had headaches, nausea, hot/cold flashes, muscle aches and severe fatigue. YIKES. I really wish I had not stopped taking everything. In spite of all this, we have had a good Christmas break in Oregon, and have had lots of fun with Bryan's family. He is great about helping me out, and if I'm not able to go somewhere or participate in something, I'm glad that he is able to. Although I generally try to do as much as I possibly can. Lying in bed 24/7 only adds to discouragement, and I have to stay positive! I'm learning that you have to force yourself to focus on positive/good/fun things and I find myself making lots of plans for the future. It's mind over matter like I've never done before...

No comments:

Post a Comment