Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My New Alternative Therapy

While searching for a new LLMD, we began asking around in our immediate circle of friends here in a small town in northern Utah. Before I get into anything else, I would just like to say that it is ASTOUNDING to me how many more people we know that actually know someone (other than me) who has been debilitated by and is currently battling Lyme Disease, over my experience four years ago. I think its a sad commentary on just how quickly this illness is gaining traction among the unsuspecting public. It truly is an epidemic that is being ignored.

Ok, that thought aside, I'll get on to the purpose of my post. As we began to talk to our friends, many people started contacting us, telling us that they had a family member or close friend currently being treated for Lyme. So we began to follow up on the information they were providing about different clinics, doctors and treatments, how much things cost and how they were all working out. We looked into several different options, but one clinic kept coming up as being very successful in treating Lyme. When we first looked into it, we discovered that they don't use antibiotics, so we thought that it wasn't for us. But when, in the space of one week, we received four other, separate, GLOWING reports about this same clinic from fellow Lymies, we thought that we better give it a closer look.

We discovered that they use many different alternative therapies in combination to do three basic things: 1) kill the infection, 2) detox the body and 3) heal & boost the immune system, so it can continue to keep infection under control. The doctor's opinion, that we can never fully eradicate the infection that causes Lyme disease - so let's heal and strengthen the body - so the immune system is properly equipped to deal with the infection on its own, really resonated with us. We did more research and found other information about the clinic, and continued to get referrals from various sources, also providing us with information, most of which I've listed below, with permission.

My husband is currently studying Veterinary Medicine and it's been interesting to get his perspective (and his professors' ideas & opinions) on various aspects of the Lyme puzzle. He's been researching the various therapies we've been looking into, and we're both very hopeful that this new therapy might provide some welcome relief. It's also something that I'm more comfortable with than drenching my body in antibiotics for the second time in four years. I have health concerns that I had prior to Lyme disease, and long-term antibiotic therapy is of particular concern because of that. My initial appointment is today, and I will give a full report on how it goes in a day or two.

3 comments:

  1. I like to thank you for that efforts you might have produced in writing this article. I am hoping the exact same very best operate from you within the future as well.Alternative Medicine Atlanta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I was recently diagnosed with the "Killer B's" - only having the lab for B.duncani. After getting terribly sick in 2011 I had to move home to Texas from living in the Ogden/Salt Lake City area. I have a couple of friends recently diagnosed. One is seeing a holistic chiropractor who does muscle testing. I believe she is being treated with Nutramedix. Have you had any success with that? Do they incorporate that at the West Clinic?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. I'm sorry you're struggling with this - I'm afraid I'm not familiar with Nutramedix other than it's name, so I can't really comment on that. I think I may have been on a few of their supplements when I was on treatment the first time around, but I am not currently using them in my treatment at the West Clinic. That's not to say they don't use them. I'm just not sure.

      Delete