Thursday, January 26, 2012

Sign the Petition!

If you are familiar with Lyme Disease, no doubt you are also familiar with the 2006 IDSA guidelines that have so restricted treatment and have been a disaster for Lyme patients. There is currently a petition at lymedisease.org asking for the removal of these guidelines from the National Guidelines Clearinghouse (NGC) until they have sufficiently proven that they are in compliance with the NGC's requirement of reviewing & revising the guidelines every five years. Click here to read more about this issue, and to sign the petition.

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Just came across your blog when I googled "Lyme disease nausea cures"! I am new to Lyme disease and am having a terrible time. I'd love to email you and hear something positive..... I see that you are feeling better and that seems like it will never happen for me. I have a blog too www.themooseandthepeanut.blogspot.com
    Or email mnotaro@comcast.net

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa,

      I hope you are doing well on your treatment. Hang in there! Lyme is a difficult thing to deal with, but you can get well!

      Delete
  2. You probably know more about Lyme that the PA who diagnosed me. She put me on three weeks of amoxicillin (I'm breastfeeding, unfortunately)... I hope it's enough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the most frustrating things about Lyme is the ignorance that surrounds it. How did the amoxicillin work out?

      Delete